15 Jun Last 10 Days of Ramadan Programs + Itekaf Registration
Assalamu Alaikum / Peace be up on you
Last nine nights this year will constitute last ashara of Ramadan, hence we’ll start our qiyamul lail program starting 21st night of Ramadan, June 15, 2017.
Allah’s Messenger used to exert himself in devotion during the last ten nights to a greater extent than at any other time.” (Muslim). Allah’s peace and blessings be upon our beloved Prophet.
Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, related that the Prophet said: Look for Laylatul Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the last ten nights of Ramadan (Bukhari).
The Prophet said: “Whoever prays during the night of Qadr with faith and hoping for its reward will have all of his previous sins forgiven.” (Bukhari and Muslim recorded from Abu Huraira).
The last ten days should be observed with more spirit and enthusiasm as with them the Ramadan ends and who knows whether someone will live another year to welcome this Holy Month again and collect all the riches and rewards that it comes with.
MAPS is pleased to announce our Qiyaamul lail and Suhoor program for the last Ashara in Ramadan. We will inshaAllah begin Qiyaam (Tahajjud prayers in congregation) on , June 15 night (Thursday night) at 1:15am (June 16th early morning). Since, we have short nights this year and folks have to do suhoor, we’ll limit our Qiyaam to 50 min to an hour. Qiyaam will be offered every night, until Friday night, June 23rd night.
Imams Schedule – Qiyamul Lail
It’s highly recommended to do itekaf in the masjid in the last 10 days of Ramadan, as reported in number of ahadith of the Prophet SAW.
“Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to perform Itikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan until Allah the Mighty & Majestic took Him.” (Bukhari)
“Whoever makes Itikaf with me is to make Itikaf during the last ten (nights).” (Bukhari)
Last 10 days of Itekaf schedule will start on Thursday (6/15/2017) evening (20th night of Ramadan) at Maghrib time until Saturday (6/24/2017) Maghrib
- There’ll be separate sleeping arrangements for brothers and sisters. Please bring your own sleeping bag
- Everyone who’s planning to do itekaf for over a night, must register at the Kiosk, see instructions below or at link give below
- Youth and kids under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by parents or someone who they know
- Youths between 14 years and 18 years old must provide their parents/guardian information upon registration
Instruction Itekaf Registration on KIOSK
- Registrant will tap on “PROGRAMS” button on KIOSK
- Select “Itekaf“
- System will show details of the program
- Click REGISTER
- System will show popup to enter name, age, gender
- Click OK – No Credit Card swipe needed as it is a $0 Program
- System will ask for Email Address/Phone Number
- Click SUBMIT to complete Registration