15 Jun MAPS 2015 Annual Interfaith Ramadan Iftar: Sharing the blessing of Life
The Muslim Association of Puget Sound invites you to the
Annual MAPS Interfaith Ramadan Iftar 2015
Welcome to the annual MAPS interfaith iftar where we celebrate the blessings of the month of Ramadan with our neighbors, friends and loved ones. This year the theme is sharing in appreciating the blessing of life itself. There will be an inspiring presentation by Imam Abdul Malik and then a time for reflection and discussion at each table before Iftar is served.
Note: Iftar will be served at the end of sunset at 9:10 PM. No child care is provided.
Speaker: Imam Abdulmalik
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters,
we would like to encourage each of you to bring a co-worker/friend/neighbor to this beautiful event to share a meal and share some spiritual thoughts during the blessed month of Ramadan.
We kindly ask the following:
– Please only register and attend if you are bringing non-Muslim guests. The priority in the event is for non-Muslims to get to know more about us. Reach out to people in your own circle and confirm with them and bring them along.
– Make sure to register yourself and all others you are bringing. We want to prepare the right amount of food. The wasteful are the brethren of devils.
– This is a spiritual reflection event, so no child care is provided. Please make sure to make arrangements for looking after children outside of the event.
– Notice the event date is June 29th, not the 30th as was mentioned in the newsletter.
– Consider volunteering as a table captain. This means you will be trying to facilitate conversation at the table (not necessarily speaking the most).