31 Oct Traditional Islamic Art Workshop Series
This is a series of 5 workshops with the cost $225 ($45 for each workshop) per person with a limit of 15 students.
– Principles and elements of Traditional Islamic Art
– Introduction to Islamic Geometric Art
– Learn the foundation of all Islamic designs: how to draw a perfect square, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, decagon and hexadecagon using only a ruler and compass
– Construct a four-fold Islamic geometric pattern
– Learn to create a grid to create geometric compositions
– Learn techniques of transferring and embellishing geometric designs to create a final work of art
– Learn to construct a six-fold Islamic geometric design
– Learn to transfer the design to watercolour paper and paint using watercolours
– Introduction to Islimi: the art of Arabesque
– learn to draw the different floral and vegetal motifs: Rumi motif, Tepelik motif, Kapali motifs.
– create a composition using all three motifs learned
– Introduce Turkish style Arabesque
– Learn to draw Halkar Style (guilding) and Sayolu Style (Reed) motifs
– Create a composition inspired by Turkish tile art; transfer to watercolour paper and paint